Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and our Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Our dedicated health care professionals at CHI Franciscan Villa are committed to the patient-centered model and work to maintain a safe and secure environment while providing as many comforts of home as possible.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of compassion, integrity, inclusion, excellence and collaboration.
The Director of Human Resources ensures effective recruitment and retention of staff: serves as a counselor, advisor, and a coach to management on all human resources practices, including corrective actions, employee evaluations, and onboarding; enters, maintains, and audits employee information in the HRIS; and ensures compliance and proper communication with all employee relations, compensation, and benefits programs.
- Provides customer-friendly human resources services, ensuring qualified employees are recruited, placed, and retained in accordance with industry best practices.
- Coordinates Facility Orientation.
- Functions as counselor, advisor, and coach to management pertaining to all human resources practices to ensure alignment with mission, values, and legal requirements.
- Provided guidance related to corrective actions, annual evaluations, and all involuntary separations of employment to ensure regulatory compliance, minimize risk exposure, and adhere to values and policies of CHI Living Communities.
- Process biweekly payroll for all campus employees in compliance with Department of Labor regulation regarding regular compensation, overtime calculations, and exempt status.
- Administers assigned benefits/employee relation programs.
- Responds to unemployment claims in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Ensure compliance with organizational compensation policies, benefit programs, and engagement activities.
- Establishes and maintains personnel, wage, timekeeping, benefit, FMLA, and workers’ compensation, and education records as required by provisions of federal and state laws in accordance with industry best practices.
- Maintains employment postings and department documentation.
- Processes monthly invoices for payment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
- At least two years’ experience in Human Resources or long-term care setting preferred.
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center
Address: Franciscan Villa
3601 S. Chicago Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
Work Time: Full Time
Years of Experience: Two Years
CHI Living Communities