Southwestern College in Winfield, KS, seeks an innovative, flexible, service-oriented Library Director. Reporting to the VP for Academic Affairs, the Director oversees operations and provides services to the whole institution, including faculty and students on the Main Campus, and faculty and students online at Professional Studies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees student workers and builds student team that provides service to library patrons (including in-person services and service to online students)
- Provides support for the library’s website and ERM – hosted through a third party
- Oversees ILL and guides patrons through the process
- Provides library acquisition services to departments
- Provides reserves services to faculty and students
- Leads library-wide projects such as inventory, displays, automation conversions, etc., as assigned
- Maintains SharePoint site for all technical services activities to coordinate coverage of services and to assist student staff and other staff in stepping in to cover services when needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Web site management skills
- ERM management skills and the ability to manage open software relationships
- Strong technology skills required, including the ability to use an ILS, OCLC ILL software, and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service that is approachable and personable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Work history reflects initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work independently as well as to consult and collaborate with colleagues.
- At least 2 years of related library work experience preferred.
- The ability to perform physical requirements including carrying materials up and down stairs, lifting materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
Submissions may be either electronic or on paper. To apply, submit a letter of application, detailed resume, and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College St., Winfield, KS, 67156 or email . Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until a candidate has been selected. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.